Sphere: Related Content
To those of you that don't mind restrictions on the ownership of firearms, take a look at the history of some countries that had bans on firearms. At any given moment there are gun control proposals sitting in a committee just waiting for the right combination of liberals and RINO's willing to pass them. At present, there is a proposed bill (H.R. 45) that has just been recommended to committee for consideration. I urge you to contact your representatives in Congress and tell them to kill this before it can come up for a vote.
With the threat of an ever powerful Federal Government, we cannot allow more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed was not written into the Constitution by accident. It was placed there in case the Federal Government ever became too powerful and oppressive and we the people would have the means to change it. If after reading the information below and you think to yourself, that can't happen here, think again. Every new gun restriction law that is passed just adds to the slippery slope that we are now on.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. This doesn't include the 30 million "Uncle Joe" starved to death in the Ukraine.
* In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Germany established gun control in 1928. In 1938, the Nazis extended that control to ban the possession of military style weapons and to outlaw the sale of any weapons without government approval. (This sounds a lot like some of the current gun control efforts being pushed for in our country today.) From 1939 to 1945, the Gestapo & SS killed millions of people unable to defend themselves.
* China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated.
* Guatamala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated.
* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated. The total dead are said to be 2-3 million.
* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1-2 million "educated" people unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Defenseless people rounded up & exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million at a bare minimum.
* During W.W. II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.
* Gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results: Australia-wide, homicides went up 3.2 percent; Australia-wide, assaults went up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies went up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent). While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady DECREASE in armed robbery with firearms, that changed drastically upward in the first year after gun confiscation... since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed; There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults on the Elderly. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort & expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
Call your representatives in Congress now!
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.--Thomas Jefferson
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sphere: Related Content