Sunday, July 6, 2008

General Wesley Clark's ignorance


Who is General Wesley Clark? Former supreme commander of NATO forces, former Democratic presidential candidate and recent critic of Senator John McCain. Mr. Clark recently stated that "In the matters of national security policy making, it’s a matter of understanding risk," he said on CBS’ "Face the Nation." ”It’s a matter of gauging your opponents and it’s a matter of being held accountable. John McCain’s never done any of that in his official positions”.

Let us explore Mr. Clark’s military record in depth. General Clark was fired from his NATO command in Europe. During the war of Kosovo, Gen. Clark ordered British Commander Sir. Mike Jackson to attack and stop the Russians from taking over the airfield of Kosovo's provincial capital at the end of the Bosnian war. General Jackson was reported as responding "I'm not going to start the third world war for you."

When General Clark was running for president, retired Gen. Hugh Shelton was asked if he would support retired Gen. Wesley Clark for president, Shelton, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, quickly took a drink of water. "That question makes me wish it were vodka," Shelton said. "I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

Before the events of September 11, 2001, Clark seemed to be in the Republican circle. Clark in remarks delivered at the Pulaski County GOP Lincoln Day Dinner in Little Rock, Arkansas on May 11, 2001 stated "And I'm very glad we've got the great team in office, men like Colin Powell, Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice... people I know very well - our president George W. Bush. We need them there." Wesley was also quoted as saying "There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001.”

Retired General Wesley Clark is a discredited political opportunist and a beggar for the V.P. post with the presumed Obama administration. Mr. Clark and his wisdom also stated that “Well, I don’t think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president." I will say this to General Clark, “Sir, you cannot hold the jock-strap of John McCain and in your ignorance you support a community organizer(Obama) over a war hero to be commander in chief.” I would think that West Point would produce something smarter than this.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. McCain needs Huckabee if he is going to win. Huckabee would help McCain in the south which he is going to lose if he takes any other VP. Barr is going to destroy any chances. Huckabee is loved in the south. about Clarks commments. I do not agree with author about Clarks comments,I thought Clark was dead on. Obama should not of thrown him under the bus, but instead should embrace him. I also think Wesley Clark has been treated very unfairly by the press for his comments. I like Clark, Thank you General Clark for speaking the truth. Here is why Obama needs Clark http://www.theobamaplan.com

    As far as McCain and his Veep goes. I like Huckabee for the McCain Veep. He is going to need help in the south. http://www.McCanes.com

    The Libertarians should run Barr with Paul instead of Barr with Root. www.BarrRoot.com www.BarrPaul08.com

    I love the vp discussion blogs, I get all my veep info and rumors at http://www.VeepPeek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree brown-myers

    ReplyDelete