Sphere: Related Content
To those of you that don't mind restrictions on the ownership of firearms, take a look at the history of some countries that had bans on firearms. At any given moment there are gun control proposals sitting in a committee just waiting for the right combination of liberals and RINO's willing to pass them. At present, there is a proposed bill (H.R. 45) that has just been recommended to committee for consideration. I urge you to contact your representatives in Congress and tell them to kill this before it can come up for a vote.
With the threat of an ever powerful Federal Government, we cannot allow more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed was not written into the Constitution by accident. It was placed there in case the Federal Government ever became too powerful and oppressive and we the people would have the means to change it. If after reading the information below and you think to yourself, that can't happen here, think again. Every new gun restriction law that is passed just adds to the slippery slope that we are now on.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. This doesn't include the 30 million "Uncle Joe" starved to death in the Ukraine.
* In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Germany established gun control in 1928. In 1938, the Nazis extended that control to ban the possession of military style weapons and to outlaw the sale of any weapons without government approval. (This sounds a lot like some of the current gun control efforts being pushed for in our country today.) From 1939 to 1945, the Gestapo & SS killed millions of people unable to defend themselves.
* China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated.
* Guatamala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated.
* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up & exterminated. The total dead are said to be 2-3 million.
* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1-2 million "educated" people unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Defenseless people rounded up & exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million at a bare minimum.
* During W.W. II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.
* Gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results: Australia-wide, homicides went up 3.2 percent; Australia-wide, assaults went up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies went up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent). While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady DECREASE in armed robbery with firearms, that changed drastically upward in the first year after gun confiscation... since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed; There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults on the Elderly. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort & expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
Call your representatives in Congress now!
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.--Thomas Jefferson
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sphere: Related Content
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Sphere: Related Content
As President Obama dithers with the decision as to whether to increase troop levels, recommended by General McChrystal, Afghanistan and Pakistan are spiraling out of control. After five meetings with his war council, Obama is still said to be weeks away from making a final decision in regards to his war strategy. President Obama is beginning to resemble President Clinton and his failed leadership during the Mogadishu
ambush that saw 18 dead and 77 wounded American soldiers. At that time, it was becoming clear that the situation on the ground was deteriorating and Gen. Thomas Montgomery was requesting reinforcements, air support and armored vehicles which was denied by then Sec. of Defense Les Aspin. The resulting carnage saw the images of dead American soldiers being dragged through Somali streets.
President Obama needs to do more than make a decision of sending forty thousand additional troops, he must change the rules of engagement that are preventing our soldiers from obtaining victory on the ground. Some of these new rules require our troops to break away from fights with militants hiding among villagers and obtain permission of homeowners to search for terrorists that may be hiding in their homes. Reading the Miranda Warning to terrorists on the battlefield will not make a us a safer country and does not help our troops.
Taliban attacks in Pakistan are increasing at an alarming rate and are coinciding with the threatened Pakistan offensive on the Waziristan region. This Pakistani offensive must take place to disrupt Taliban and Al Qaeda forces from cross border raids into Afghanistan against NATO troops. In a perfect world, this offensive would coincide with the additional American forces pushing towards the Pakistani border to eliminate the retreating Jihadists from the Waziristan region. This multi assault would do more to ensure victory for American and Pakistan forces than anything else. Would it end the war that is currently raging on both sides of the border. No it would not, but it would severely damage the offensive capabilities of the enemy and most likely kill or capture the brain trust of the terrorists.
As we wait for President Obama’s grandiose new war plan, NATO troops are losing their lives at an increasing rate and the Taliban are in control of even more territory within Afghanistan. Unless Mr. Obama decides to let the Generals run the war and do what is necessary to win, he will increasingly begin to look like President Clinton and his failure in Somalia. That defeat and others overseen by the Clinton Administration is what emboldened Osama Bin Laden to launch his global jihad against a perceived weakened United States. I don’t have much faith in Obama and his civilian war council, but I pray that they do the right thing and try to win this war. If he is unwilling or unable to allow our military to win this battle and give them the tools to accomplish their mission, I surmise that we should leave the field of battle. Another defeat for America and more terrorist attacks on a perceived weakened nation will surely come if Obama fails to lead.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Senator Olympia Snowe
154 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-5344
Toll Free: (800) 432-1599
Fax: (202) 224-1946
I hope you realize that by supporting the Baucus Health Care bill, you have confirmed your exit from the Federal Government when you come up for re-election. I am not truly surprised with your intention to vote for this fecal matter called reform, but I had hope that this time you might see the light.
With your support of this bill, you have ignored the will of the American people and displayed your disdain for the people. Elitists such as yourself forget who you work for and think that somehow we are beholden to you. That is not how it works Senator and it just shows your ignorance for the Constitution of the United States.
I and many others will be taking a serious interest in your next election cycle and will be supporting candidates that oppose you. This support will be financial and generous in nature. I will be offering web space to all of those that oppose you and we will expose you for the fraud that you are.
Lubbock Texas 79413
At this writing, Senator Snowe's fax line is jammed. Everyone needs to keep up the pressure on this traitor to the American people.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Sphere: Related Content
Barack Hussein Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace prize and the world asks why. I can just imagine what French President Sarkozy must be thinking since he is not on the Obama Kool-Aid bandwagon. What exactly has Mr. Obama accomplished to deserve such an award? Nothing yet, but the Socialists in Europe hope that by awarding this to Obama that just maybe he will continue to downgrade the United States and roll over to the Muslims in his beta-male fashion.
The international leftists hope is to see Obama continue to cave in to the Iranians, Palestinians and further reduce the military might of the United States of America.
It can be said that Mr. Obama received this award because he is not President Bush and that is correct to some degree. Obama's continued support for Hugo Chavezesque leaders in South America and the coddling of Muslim terrorists in Gaza and the West Bank only encourages European elitists and their orgasmic feelings towards Obama.
Lets take a look at some of the most recent Nobel Peace prize winners:
2007-A bunch of crazed man-made global warming "scientists" and AL Gore.
2005-Mohamed El Baradei, IAEA apologist for Muslim terrorists.
2002-Jimmy Carter, enough said on this sack of pig squeeze.
2001-Kofi Annan, corrupt UN Secretary General.
1994-Yasser Arafat, father of terrorism in Middle East and Jew killer.
Is there really any surprise that big daddy socialist Barack Obama garnered this award from a bunch of European Socialists? The true intent of this award is to trap Obama into refusing more troops to Afghanistan, continued apologies for past American war crimes and a further reduction in America's military might. There is a great interest from international socialists for Mr. Obama to succeed and to the detriment
to the United States.
Congratulation's Mr. Obama for your most recent accolades from America's enemies. That is some "change" that I didn't expect.